On this site you’ll find details of the best free bets and bonus betting offers from top UK betting sites. Every promotion and bookmaker is carefully vetted before being added and the offers are updated daily. We are even able to source exclusive bonuses from time to time, just for our users. So bookmark us, read on and get claiming those deals!
Best Free Bets & Deposit Bonuses
Sign Up Bonuses: Free Bets v Enhanced Odds
Free bets have been the staple of the betting world for many years, and (almost) every bookmaker on the web will offer you some kind of new customer promotion when you sign up with them. Normally at most sites the bonus will be one of a few different types:
- Free Bet – Here your first bet earns you a free bet token. This could be a straight match such as £25 free when you bet £25, or it could be more generous, offering £20 free when you bet £5. Some offers these days throw in additional perks such as free spins or extra pool bets.
- Deposit Bonus – With a bonus your first deposit triggers promo cash to be added to your account. Again this could be a pound-for-pound match, so deposit £200 get £200 free, or something else – such as deposit £100 for £50 free. Some times you will need to bet through the value of your deposit once before the bonus is release, but after that the funds are yours to bet with.
- Consolation Bonus – where you get a free bet or bonus if your first bet loses. Whilst it sounds like a great invention, if the money back is given as a free bet this actually works out to be the worst of the three types of offer as you only get it if your qualifying bet loses, meaning you don’t really get anything if it wins. Having said this, some sites have actually started paying you out in cash for a losing bet rather than a free bet.
When it comes to free bets, there are also two different ways for bookies to handle the free bet tokens they award should your bet win – either returning the stake, or not returning the stake:
- Stake Returned (SR): When a bookmaker offers a stake returned bet, the value of the free bet token is included in the winnings. For example, if you place a £25 free bet which wins at evens, you receive £50 (£25 winnings + £25 bet value).
- Stake Not Returned (SNR): These sportsbooks do not return free bet stakes with the winnings. For example, if you place a £25 free bet which wins at evens, you receive £25 (£25 winnings only).
Whilst it may sound complicated, the bookies generally make their offers fairly easy to redeem. But remember to always check the terms and conditions for any bonus you want to claim, and ask customer support if you don’t understand – that’s what they’re there for!
Enhanced Odds Offers
There is also a relatively new type of promotion that has started becoming more and more common over the past year or two. Instead of a bonus or matched bet, bookmakers have started offering special enhanced odds in lieu of their regular promotions.